Thursday, 3 April 2014

Design, a poem by Adam Common

Now, as forever, I am covetous.
Your every look;
Your every touch, is precious,
And you are mine.

I am entitled to your attention,
And you are dear;
Close to my heart in the way:
That is darkest.
That is sweetest.
That is divine.

Now, as forever, I am close-fisted.
I don't want to share...
I agonise your absense.
Hate the lost time.

I am entitled to your allegiance,
And you are true;
Pure in my heart in the way:
That is blameless.
That is brightest.
That is most kind.

Now, as forever, I am dependant.
Needful and arid...
Fruitless, failed and unfair,
But to your mind...

I'm as worthy as I am tremendous,
And I am yours;
Prime to your heart in the way:
That is crucial.
That is cloudless.
That is most fine.

So now, and for always, I'm happy,
Joyful and light;
Since for all of my sorrow,
You remain all mine.

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/#!/AdamCommon

No comments:

Post a Comment